In this week’s Words of Wisdom Episode 2, I will be sharing 5 Ways to Connect & Deepen Your Spirituality.
As previously shared, my intention for creating Words of Wisdom Podcast is to make spirituality practical so you can apply it in your life to experience joy and see your dreams come into fruition.
Why do I focus on spirituality? Because I often find this to be the missing piece to living happier, balanced lives and an integral part in bringing desires into reality with more ease and fulfillment.
So in today’s episode, I am sharing 5 Ways to Connect and Deepen Your Spirituality so you have the tools to align to your best self and take action from that place. After all, how could it not lead you to more greatness when you are vibrating from a place of love?
Here is what we’ll be covering in this episode and time stamp to help you find the segment easily:
- What is Spirituality & Why You Should Connect to It [1:56]
- 5 Practical Ways to Reconnect and Deepen Your Spirituality – 3 action-based tools you can implement right away and 2 inner exercises to help you go a little deeper to discover yourself [4:42]
- An Easy Step-By-Step on How to Make Your Prayers More Effective (or conversations with the Universe/God) to receive what you want [5:30]
- Tips on developing a nurturing meditation practice that you can actually stick to! [10:45]
- As always, end with a little fun-soul work so you walk away with tangible tools to apply your learning and experience the benefits of today’s teachings on connecting and deepening your spirituality [35:39]
Coles Notes of steps mentioned in Episode 2 of Words of Wisdom:
- Easy Step-by-Step How to Pray (Talk to the Universe)
- Connect with Your Higher Power – give it a name, color, image, sound
- Start with gratitude – “Thank you for….” this starts the vibrational platform off on an uplifting level
- State Your Desires – ending with “this or something better”
- Embody the Feeling as Already having it – talk as it’s already done, see it, feel it, state it “thank you for my healthy body, for bringing these amazing clients to me, for healing the relationship with “so and so”
- End statement – “And So It is”/ Amen
- Create an Easy Nurturing Meditation Practice you can stick to!
- Choose a time that works for you – morning, evening, break time ….5-20 minutes is all you need!
- Tangible reminders that indicate to the mind it’s time to relax & excited to meditate– crystals, music, incense, a special essential oil diffusing, blanket, meditation mat, statues, plants
- Choose a sacred space – corner in your living room, designated room, basement, near a window… choose a spot that you can keep dedicated to this spiritual practice
- Audio – Guided meditations on YouTube, chanting, music, silence, breathing exercises
- Biggest Myth – “It’s hard, I can’t sit still, I can’t shut my mind off”…What if I told you didn’t have to shut off your mind? You have over 70K thoughts a day, there is no way to shut that all off. What makes the difference between a person who meditates and one who gives up during or before they even try is they give up trying to control their thoughts and instead view it and just witnessing them! The more you practice this the more space and breath you have between your thoughts and that is where the “magic” lies. This is where you can experience a deep sense of peace, presence, and clarity.
Episode 2 – Fun-Soul Work:
Remember, you must DO the work for it to actually WORK for you!
- Choose 1 of the 3 practices I shared today – prayer, meditation, connect with nature and commit to testing it out for a week (or more)
- Answer the 2 questions:
- 1. What is your definition of “Spirit/God/Higher Power”?
- 2. What feels good & light? Follow what feels good! Your spirit wants you to feel good – that is a clue that you are on the right track when it feels good and light
References used in this podcast:
> Let me know how today’s fun-soul work worked for you by sending me a voice message. You can also send me a question or topic to cover in our next episode – submit your voice message here!
> For Free Guided Meditations please visit my YouTube Channel here!
> Get our podcasts delivered straight to your inbox by simply subscribing to our email list – CLICK HERE and enter your email in any box!